Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home.
UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
You and your local centre…
As a valued Better customer, we want to let you know that the health and well-being of both our staff and customers is paramount.
We would like to reassure all of our customers that we are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we protect against the risk of Coronavirus, so that we can continue to provide facilities and services to your local community.
We are working closely with local public health authorities and all official updates from the government, so that we can keep you up-to-date of what is happening.
However, things are changing daily.
What we’re doing…
We all have a role to play to ensure we can stay fit, healthy and active. We want to safe-guard both our staff and customers and we are doing the following to help reduce risk:
– Increased cleaning regimes throughout your local centre in line with guidance from the government and public health authority guidelines
– Requesting that all our customers use the anti-bacterial cleaning sprays provided throughout our centres and wipe down equipment before and after use
– Providing hand sanitiser gel throughout our centres and ensuring soap dispensers are constantly topped up so there is plenty available, and encouraging all customers to wash their hands more frequently
– Reminding customers of the importance of good hygiene and giving advice on how they can protect themselves and each other
What you can do to help!
– If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit your local Better centre
– Wash your hands regularly with soap and water – including backs of hands and under nails – for at least 20 seconds – or use hand sanitiser gel where available
– After your work out or class please use the cleaning sprays, sanitiser gel and paper towels to wipe down and clean any machines and equipment you may have used (this includes weights, mats etc)
– Catch all coughs and sneezes in a tissue – which you must dispose of in a bin. If you do not have a tissue to hand, it’s advisable to cough or sneeze into your elbow. Always wash your hands afterwards or use a sanitiser